Pre-Conference Workshop Day
Monday – September 13, 2021
10:00 am Workshop A: Integrating Lean Tools With Traditional CPM to Better Manage Project Lifecycles
- Brandon Howell Director of Scheduling, Layton Construction
Synopsis• Evaluating company processes to identify opportunities to better manage the production lifecycle with lean principles • Integrating critical path activity with lean planning tools to ensure there is a single scheduling source for all project teams to act on according to priority of tasks • Assessing lean tools and technologies available to enable you to update your schedule in conjunction with lean planning productivity quickly and easily
12:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 pm Workshop B: Executing Pull Planning to Optimize Production Schedules & Prioritize Input From All Stakeholders
- Alex Belkofer VDC Director, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
- Ross Helleberg Director of Scheduling, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
• Securing buy-in and the execution of pull planning from all project teams to ensure a high level of collaboration is maintained throughout the project
• Exploring an advanced step-by-step guide to improving pull planning for greater productivity and efficiency throughout all stages of a project
• Addressing how 4D BIM can be integrated into pull planning processes to drive effectiveness in the field
• Taking lessons learned from previous projects to address what more can be done to eliminate waste in current schedules
3:00 pm Afternoon Refreshments
3:30 pm Workshop C: Harnessing TAKT Planning to Improve Schedule Flow
- Guy Harmon Project Solutions Executive, Messer Construction Co.
• Analyzing the efficacy of flow planning to assess whether less-detailed, short-term schedules will
reduce rework and manpower on the schedule
• Defining scope of each project stage more specifically and setting a pace based on the slowest
contractor to achieve continuous flow
• Providing employees with a comfortable environment where project teams work to small, measurable
goals for enhanced productivity